Skip to main content

How to setup Mac Mini M2 for Windows Development

 I got Mac Mini M2 last Saturday, wow. I love the Machine it saved my Desk. It is the base Model , with 8GB ,250 GB SSD.

I would like to share some of my experiences With M2. It is incredibly fast.

Running Windows 11 with Parallel VM

I'am using Parallels 8.0.1 , successfully configured windows 11 and installed Microsoft Visual Studio and it work without any trouble. Parallels allow me switch between Windows Apps and Mac Apps with ease and peace.

I did find some kind of hanging and black out while the Mac went to sleep and wake from sleep.

Following Not working for me - Parallels

  1. MSSQL Server
  2. Docker

Above mentioned Apps can't run on VM. So I decided to run it from Docker container which is on the Mac.

Apple Silicon and Docker

Some of the Docker Images not working with M2, it could be designed for Intel chip. So we need Rosetta for using such Docker images.

Installing Rosetta

Rosetta is referred as translater for Intel Mac Apps. You need not worry about any thing at all. Just install and move on.

softwareupdate --install-rosetta

For more guides on Rosetta please visit MacHow

If you are a developer looking for Work Station with Multiple Display capabilities. Don't wait to grab the deal today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build a Flask-Python web App

Building a dynamic website made so easy with Python -Flask, a Micro FrameWork which helps us to create the websites like Twitter and even more. Forget about the complicated web programming languages, start learning Python. So where you start, Python or Flask ?. I should say, you have to learn basics of how Python first, just have a look at Python.org

Using Image url in Keras image classification

  How to load an image in Keras for machine learning from a url ?